Engineering Science – Praxis II ESC102H1S
TA (Studio; Assessor; Course Development; Subject Matter Expert (SME); Showcase) or Peer Assistant (Course Development; Subject Matter Expert (SME))
Posting Date : November 16, 2020
Closing Date :
November 27, 2020 (Posting Expired)
DutiesFull information can be found at: https://design.engsci.utoronto.ca/tas.html Studio and SME TAs and Peer Assistants will work directly with students in tutorials or other scheudled times; will attend one or more lectures, planning, and debriefing meetings; and will complete Praxis Facilitation training at the start of the appointment. Studio, Assessor, and Showcase Assessor TAs will assess student work and will complete Praxis Assessment training at the start of the appointment. Course Development TAs and Peer Assistamts will work with the course instrucrtors to develop new teaching and assessment materials. Course delivery meetings and duties are entirely online.
QualificationsOpen to upper year APSC undergraduate students and to graduate students who have an APSC B.A.Sc. or equivalent.
Preference given to students who have taken ESC101 and ESC102; who have taught or assisted in an introductory design course; who engage in and have a passion for engineering design; who have been or are enrolled in Engineering Science; must have ability to teach online.
- Engineering Science
- Course ID
- St. George
- TA's: $46.24 + 4% vacation pay Peer Assistants: $39.87 per hour + 4% vacation pay
- Course Enrollment
- ~300 - total enrolment - each tutorial is approx. 24 students
- Dates of Appointment
- Jan. 2, 2020 to April 30, 2021, Showcase Date TBA in mid-April.
- Number of Positions
- Studio: ~2; Assessor: ~6; Course Development: ~2; SME: ~4; Showcase Assessor: ~5
- Number of Hours
- Studio: ~120+; Assessor: ~20+; Course Development: ~20+; SME: ~60+; Showcase Assessor: ~10
- Tutorial/Lab Schedule
- TBA -http://www.undergrad.engineering.utoronto.ca/Office_of_the_Registrar/Timetables.htm
- How to Apply
- Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line that begins with "[Praxis TA Application]" Your application must include a resume or CV, attached to the email and in PDF format, that describes your qualifications for the position. If during the application and/or selection process you require accommodation due to a disability, please contact Diane Giang at email@example.com.